Sunday, January 8, 2012

First (successful) Flip

This summer I had big dreams of flipping my classroom.  I stood infront of a room full of other educators and told them all I was going to flip my classroom.  Well, one semester into it and I've only tried it twice.  The first time didn't go as well as I hoped, but this time was awesome!  There were a few things I did differently that I think helped make it easier for the students to watch the videos.  I posted the video a few days before they had to watch it, let them know it was up there, and had designated times that the videos would be playing in my classroom.

While most students had watched the videos before they got to class, I'm not sure if they would do it every night.  I am going to try flipping once a week for a few weeks, and then bump it up to twice a week.  I think flipping is a great idea and works well with my philosphy, so I'm willing to give it all I've got to see where this can take our classroom.  I think the possibilities are endless!

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt the "flipped" classroom will get better and better as you do it more. You're a great teacher and an inspiration to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How generous of you! Thank you for the compliment, support, and boost of confidence. I am great full to work for principals that believe in me! You rock!

    ReplyDelete