Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Can I get a THANK YOU?!?

My friends' kids refer to me as the manner police.  What can I say, I expect that people use their manners!  When children (my friends' children or the students in my room) don't use their manners, I automatically correct them.  I just want them to grow up to be respectful young adults.  But, what happens when adults don't use their manners?  Nothing.  I do nothing because I don't want to be rude to them.  

My biggest manner related pet-peeve right now is centered around adults and technology.  I find it incredibly rude when people ask you via email to do something for them, or for your input, and then don't respond to your emails.  I have recently sent 3 emails (in response to something someone asked me to do) and heard nothing back from any of the receivers.  For all I know, they didn't even receive the emails; I worry about if they got it or if I should resend it.  And, if I resend it and they did get it the first time, are they going to think that's rude? 

All I'm asking is for a simple reply and thank you.  That's all.  15 seconds. Then, I'll know they received it and I might even think they appreciate that I took the time to do whatever they were asking me to do.  So, the next time that you ask someone a question, or for a favor, please be sure to send them a great big THANK YOU back through email!

No comments:

Post a Comment