Monday, April 15, 2013

What a team!

Today was a great day to be working at Central!  Our active learning professional development after school was great.  We focused on professional learning networks and what they can do for our careers as a means of individualilzed professional development.  More specifically we focused on Twitter. 

It was a small group and I felt like everyone was engaged and contributed to the professional development.  I had a co-presenter today, but it didn't feel like we were the ones presenting.  Some of the other people were new to Twitter and others already had an account.  They were all asking good questions and helping each other.  We were all on the same page and working together really well. 

Central Junior High is full of supportive educators and administrators who are there for the right reasons.   They encourage each other and support each other.  They offer positive feedback on things that are happening in classrooms.  When someone has an idea, they listen and brainstorm with each other.  Overall, it is an amazing place to spend the days.  When tragedy strikes, like it did in Boston today, it makes me take a look around and realize how incredibly fortunate I am in my life.  I am grateful for the team of teachers and principal I work with in the junior high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment